www.a1anews.com - Independent Alternative News

Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009 - Friday - Note to Loyal Readers of A1A News

Just a note to thank you all for hanging in there with me over the past 5 months.

This month, I am working every night at Spring Break. Key West is swamped with Spring Breakers this year, and as you can imagine, it takes a lot of energy out of you.

So my blogs and this website are taking a temporary backseat. I post later. I combine posts. I show fewer news items. And then there's my broken video service where I just started compiling news sources in lineups of maybe 10 to 20 videos at a time - the videos software was down yesterday so I have huge "holes" anywhere I had news in that format. If it isn't fixed today, I will drop news videos in those lineups.

I just keep on keeping on the best I can.

So, again I thank you for sticking with me at http://www.a1anews/. And I thank you for sticking by me on my Rock Trueblood Watchworld site, and my new Comedy Cosmos blog.

And by the way, my bar's blog (which I work on at night at the bar while the bands are on stage and I have a little "break" time, is growing in numbers that make it possibly the most viewed bar blog in the State of Florida at this time. And our bar's website over all (which my blog links to) has now sprinted from 7th place overall in Key West to 3rd place and we're closing in on world famous Sloppy Joe's (opened in 1937) and Hogsbreath Saloon (opened in the 1980s). Cowboy Bill's is not even three years old at its current location and although there is a nasty tourist Recession in Key West, we are not only surviving, but thriving . . . especially during this Spring Break.

Our photo blog (and webcams) are a hit with people who always stop by the DJ booth and say, "Hey, I live in Germany (or North Carolina, Iraq, Texas, wherever, and I just wanted to see the guy whose voice I hear on the webcams for those World Famous Sexy Bullriding events or who introduces the bands. I also wanted to ask you to take a picture of me and my wife and ask you to post it on your bar blog so we can send the link to our friends and neighbors."

So my work, as slapdash as it is, is paying off in many ways for the bar.

My next move for this website is to streamline it even more.

I am thinking about moving to a static web page which would resemble a three column newspaper in which I remove older headlines and drop in newer news. The downside is this: you would not be able to look back at news by dates . . . which is now saved by the date on this blog.

Chronicling news by dates is slowly growing the readership of this news site.

So, I have a lot to consider once the month of March is over. Meanwhile, thank you for hanging on with me while my news posts are erratic this month.

See you later and let me find a few posts this morning to place here.

DJ Rowdy (Rock Trueblood) over and out for http://www.a1anews.com/


p.s. Here are the links for the other blog/websites I work on:

http://www.comedycomsmos.blogspot.com/


http://www.cowboybillskw.blogspot.com/


http://www.rocktrueblood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Stat counter